Rape Crisis recently employed a number of lay counsellors based on site at three local hospitals offering a 24 hour service to rape survivors undergoing forensic examination and treatment after rape.
We are looking for a registered social worker to fill the position of Thuthuzela Care Centre (TCC) Coordinator on a fixed term contract. The role of this coordinator is to lead and manage the counselling teams based at these centres to ensure the delivery of high quality services to rape survivors. The person that fills this post will also be expected to play a part in the successful implementation of all operational plans and activities that advance the organisation as a whole.
The TCC Coordinator will be based at each of the three centres we serve one day a week and at our offices for the remaining two days of the week and will be responsible for the following tasks under the supervision of the Operations Manager:
Thuthuzela Care Centre Services
• Ensure that the project meets programme targets for rape care centres
• Ensure that TCC counsellors are fully supported through effective, ongoing supervision and performance management
• Assist Counselling Coordinators to convene monthly staff meetings
• Attend routine stakeholder engagements relating to the TCCs
• Ensure teamwork with administrative and other support services
• Report on programme outputs and outcomes to the Counselling Coordinators
• Assess the macro and micro environments, adapting effectively to change and guiding the team appropriately in doing so
• Engage in networking that supports the development of collaborative relationships with programme stakeholders
• Meet statutory obligations for rape survivors at the TCC
• Contribute towards the development of the TCC model for publication
The ideal person for this job would be someone who: has strong interviewing, facilitation and writing skills, can deal with multiple activities in an organised and systematic way, establishes and maintains effective relationships with people at all levels, can coach and mentor others through the use of effective feedback, can keep up with the latest trends in trauma response and rape, who is concerned with their own active self-development and is able to adhere to clear values and principles.
• Qualified social worker with proof of registration
• Strong computer literacy
• Driver’s licence and own car required
• No job experience is necessary as this is an entry level position and new graduates are welcome to apply
The salary will be between R11 200 and R13 900 per month as a total cost to company package depending on skills and experience.
This is a fixed term contract position is available from 19 October 2015 to 29 February 2016.
The closing date for applications is 9 October 2015 and they should be sent to Nazma Hendricks our Operations Manager at email@example.com or faxed to her on (021) 637-9432. If you do not hear from us by 19 October 2015, you should consider your application unsuccessful.
Applications should include:
1. A brief Curriculum Vitae, not longer than three (3) pages including personal details and contact details, job or learning experience in descending order followed by references. Please do not insert any images, certificates or exam results.
2. A covering letter or email that outlines how you fit the job requirements.
3. The names and full contact details (telephone, fax and e-mail) of two recent referees.