Our blog is a space for personal stories, poetry, social media advocacy, creative stories and the testimonies and experiences of survivors and those working in the field.
We would love for you to write for us! Here is how:
- Submit your work (writing, video, photo essay, or any other creative form) that is within the field of gender violence to firstname.lastname@example.org with the blog title in the subject line, and any relevant images attached.
- If you are writing, ensure that it is in a style that is understandable and accessible to the general public and that you have checked your spelling and grammar. For all other media, ensure that the quality is suitable for publishing and that the content is well structured and can be easily understood.
- For new contributors, please send a short description of yourself as well as a photograph of yourself to be included in the contributor’s section. If you wish to remain anonymous, please tell us in your email.
- Your piece will then be reviewed for spelling and grammar errors and for any possible content improvements. These recommendations will then be sent to you via email, for your consideration.
- We do not guarantee that we will publish your work, but we do guarantee that we give all pieces submitted to us due consideration.
Join our Writer’s Group
If you are interested in becoming a more regular writer, you can join our writer’s group. We meet quarterly for a workshop led by an expert in the media, journalism or advocacy field on order to feed our skills and inspiration. We decide what topic interests us and we each add our names to a schedule and commit to a deadline for submitting the piece.
The thread that runs through all of the pieces published in this group is the important role that civil society plays in addressing gender violence and the lack of resources dedicated to this issue.
If you would like to be invited to our next workshop and meet the other writers, email email@example.com